Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Week of Pain...

What a week!! I have had nothing but bad luck I tell ya!

It all started on Monday, when I was sitting on the couch watching t.v. (seems pretty harmless) and my poor kitties were just checking out thier cat post (which is floor to ceiling in our great room) and my Dad's dog (a little JUG - jack russel and pug cross) thought it would be a great idea to run at them, which scared the **** out of them! I swear they went 8 different directions between the two of them! However... Binx ran across the back of the couch, which included my face and to be in more detail... my eyes and chest. I am also pretty sure she ran across the wall after that.... it was rather funny... I can say that now, as I am slowly getting over this, and bigger injuries came my way! I lucked out with just pain below my eyes, with no bruising and scratched on my chest (not severe).

Wednesday was ball night! We play on a rec league for co-ed lob ball (just for fun). In the 4 years I have played I have lucked out with barely any injuries, at least none severe. I was running to first and short stop whipped the ball into first, and threw off, hitting me in the head dead on above the ear. Well... I am not one for headaches and barely EVER get one... but BOY did this hurt, but I did get a courtesy runner from that point on, and she made it home, as the only run for that game! Little did I know what I was in for with getting hit in the head, or that it would simply lead to my next injury!

I usually sleep on my left side, and now with this massive goose-egg on my head, it was not very comfortable and led to a horrible nights sleep of tossing and turning. I remember rolling onto that side of my head and turning quickly, which caused some back pain then, but ignored it because my headache won on the pain scale. Thursday morning wasn't bad, I was a little stiff, but once I got to the afternon, I felt like a 90-year-old lady with sever arthritis and a headache! I had soo much work to accomplish at home, having a ball party planned at our house on the weekend. The work got done tho, with some Advil and frequent breaks!

I was really looking forward to Friday tho, I had a very much needed manicure booked! Well... I went to a new girl and she filed the **** out of my cuticles and now I have cuts on almost every nail! AND she didn't even shape my nails! Not Impressed! My back was touch and go, along my headache. I played ball Friday and swinging the bat really felt good, although I am not too sure that it was actually good. Before bed, while I was getting into my pjs, I noticed that my belly button was no longed in line with my chest! My back was twisted! This explained a lot, regarding my pain and my head was no longer the highest on the pain scale. I had a horrible nights sleep and woke up on Saturday in agony! I only batted at baseball, as I still found relief in that, but kepy score the rest of the game! We won 2/3 games and were done!

Whatta week! My back is feeling a little better with help from the hot tub of course.

On a sidenote, we did have an earthquake this week (on Wednesday), but I did not feel it, but ALOT of people did!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...