Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday

PRETTY FREAKIN' EXCITED TO HAVE MY NEW WASHER AND DRYER!!!

Ok, I just had to get that out!! However, all of this has made me look back, along with a comment on the good old facebook by M, and I have come to realize that I am old! I am an adult! I am a homeowner! And these kind of things were never exciting, new shoes... yes...new clothes.. yes, etc. However, the things that excite me are not just new clothes, etc, I am excited about new bedding, new decor, new appliances, new furniture (and it does not even have to be new, it could just be new to me)! And I know I am not the only one, because my sister is excited for a new bedroom suite, friends are excited for new appliances, etc.

I am excited to decorate, refinish, refurnish, redo rooms in my house. Yes... MY house! I have a house, I have owned 2 houses, this is all sooo crazy to me! I am having like a mid-twenties crisis, all because of the new washer and dryer!

I think the other thing that gets me, is that fact that Mike and I worked soo hard for all of this, we jumped into our first mortgage at the age of 20 and 21! We started from the bottom and are working our way up, replacing the hand-me-downs on our own! It feels like such an accomplishment! We are truly blessed!

The things that used to be soo big in my world as a "young" person are no longer longer "big". The things that used to make my life easier, that I of course did not realize back then, have so much more meaning now! I would have never got excited about a washer and dryer when I was not a homeowner, we just had one, and I used it, I didn't save up to purchase them! Back then, things like furniture and decor were nice, and my Mom used to get excited about these things (and still does), but they were just nice to me, it wasn't exciting! A clothing shopping spree, yes. Little did I know that the things I own now, like owning property, a house, 2 cars, a sea-doo, a hot tub, appliances, furniture and EQUITY are all things that we have had to work sooo hard to have! I am not complaining, it really does feel like an accomplishment!

So with all of this excitement, I am going to congratulate everyone who OWNS something, everyone who has saved up and purchased something for their homes! You have worked hard and you deserve it! I suppose it does not just have to be something for their homes, just something you have been saving up for! Feel free to comment or blog about your hard work! I look forward to hearing about it!

Also, I have applesauce cooking in the crock pot! I think I added too much water!

I am heading into town to take pictures of baby L for a previous coworker/friend M this afternoon! And the weather is nice!

I wish I could be hanging laundry on the line today, since it is soo nice out, but they are not hooked up yet!

I am also excited to have 11 followers!! I actually get excited to see comments from you all and see new followers! I also look forward to reading your blogs and reading whats happening in your lives! Thank you soo much!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...