Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cat and Mouse.... All IN THE HOUSE..


I wish that today's title only rhymed... and that it was not a true statement.... however... we have a bit of a "situation" over here in Casa V....

But before I get to that charade.. I will rewind to recap my weekend... Friday night - M had a Fire training course, Saturday - M had the 2nd day to his Fire Course, I made dog bed liners! We then headed out for a spontaneous dinner out with J & H and baby E! Sunday we celebrated 10 years together!! However, our day did not end up going the way we planned. We headed into town to do some shopping, came home to start to prep the bedroom for painting to realize that our laundry room lift pump stopped working, leaving a mini flood... and no time to get a new one... so needless to say, we did not get the bedroom started... and therefore, not finished! We did manage to replace a wall sconce upstairs and I LOVE it! We only had 10 kids come to our house for Halloween! Lots of candy left over!

At about 3 AM in the morning on Monday, I woke up to Jazz acting up around my nightstand. I gave her crap and woke up the next morning to find her in the same spot by my night stand, with Binx. Of course I wondered what was up and decided to look behind the night stand, to find what I thought was one of their toy mice... moved the night stand and Binx ran behind it, as if it was her long lost toy, much to my FEAR... this toy moved! And I SCREAMED! I did not know that I was even capable of a high-pitched scream! Binx was backing up the wall and the mouse was... well I don't know... which only freaked me out more! My sweet Jazz had been protecting me all night from this miniature intruder.... have I mentioned how much I LOVE my cats lately? So.. back to the story... I had an appointment 20 minutes away at 9:00 and I woke up at 8:00, leaving me only 30 minutes about (I like to be early) to figure out this dilemma, so I picked up a few things off the ground and found the little critter and screamed again! That is when I realized, when I screamed it scared Binx and this team work was not working well! My screams turned into squeals and much to my surprise, Binx caught that mouse and carried it around proudly! I was soo happy for her! Until she carried it to the basement and let it go... she wanted to play with it! This was the slowest moving mouse I had seen at this point, so it must have been injured. Binx carried it all throughout the house again, showing off her kill, and I followed her everywhere, knowing that it was not dead yet! She brought it back downstairs and let it go, it laid on the ground appearing lifeless, Binx looked away and it ran away! I followed it, moving furniture as I went and squealing as it hobbled out, but Binx was still checking out the area where she lost it. Gracie came downstairs, hearing my squeals and the mouse scurried right in front of her! Her interest was peaked, but she knew she was not allowed to play with cat toys, so she backed off... It was now 8:50 and I had to go, I was SUPER late!

I was hoping to come home to find a dead mouse, but I didn't. The critter is still at large...

This is the first time I have ever had a mouse in my house and I live in the "country". I hope the house leaves the same way it came in, realizing this house was not a good choice! M brought home some mouse traps as well to put down in the back basement (where the cats can't get to).

I at least feel safe knowing that the cats are on guard. I am soo proud of the them, even though Binx let it go, but it was her first live mouse! The worst part is that everywhere I look for the damn thing, I find her toy mice and now I can't tell the difference unless it moves! Those toys need to go!  So wish me luck on catching this critter, so I can have peace of mind again in my house!

I did learn that I can deal with a mouse, I would just prefer to wear rubber boots and gloves... and I now know that I can scream high-pitched if I feel threatened or scared enough! A cat will definately be sleeping with me tonight...

P.s: If you were see this story go down, you probably would have peed your pants laughing. M thinks it is soo funny and he was only on the phone with me and parts of it were going down...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ahhh! I wish I had cats! Although I'm not sure I could handle it catching it, letting it go, and catching it again. I just want the things dead!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...