Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dear Treadmill


Dear Treadmill:

I just wanted to thank you in advance for all of your hard work. I realize how hard it must be to motivate and keep someone moving continuously when they are as lazy as myself.

I hope that I will be able to continue this adventure with you, although I am not sure I want to.... it really is a love/hate relationship right now. I love the way I feel right after, but I hate the way I feel the next day. I hear that gets better though? I think we need to set up regular dates. Although we should probably not tell my husband, even though he is not the jealous type, he would notice me trimming up and wonder why I am sure.

I am doing this for myself. My husband prefers women with "some meat on their bones" as he puts it. I am just trying to lessen the meat, if ya know what I mean. I realize how hard this is going to be, but with the right motivation and commitment I am sure we can work something out.

I just hope you realize how hard your job is going to be and that I really rely on you to push me, even if it involves me increasing the speed/incline button. I think it is the amount of guilt you display by putting it in number form on the screen in front of me and blinking it every so often. Incline of 2 doesn't sound that high. I am the kinda girl that aims high.... and I have realized tonight that may not workout for me just quite yet. 10 is for experienced.... TRUST me... and for speed, well I do have long legs you see, but I am not quite a runner yet, unless someone is behind me literally pushing me, but I gave it my best... 5.5 is just not for me yet...

Well treadmill... thanks for kicking my ass tonight and making me work so hard that it hurts... no really, thank you. The pleasure is all YOURS.

Take care and see you soon,

Love:

OUT OF SHAPE...

(Don't judge people... don't judge... I know I suck, but one day I will get better....)

6 comments:

J and A said...

ha ha LOVE this! I know how you feel!

Jessica and Stephan said...

its better than I do!! I HATE treadmills, hate running. So I don't. haha!

Valarie said...

I've been wanting to start back at working out and it is soo hard to get motivated again. Maybe with your posts it will give me motivation to get on the treadmill and wii fit!

Unknown said...

hahaha this is so funny! I need to send one of these to my bike!

Ms. Dutton said...

I know just how you feel... Stupid treadmill. Ugh. I think I might write a "dear ice cream, stop stalking me" letter, lol!

Julianne Hendrickson said...

HA! At least you got on it! I wish I could force myself to do so.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...