Monday, December 6, 2010

Party, Shop, Party, Shop!


Well, fear not friends, my Friday got better, as did my weekend!! In fact, I had a fantastic weekend!! The title of the post pretty much sums up my weekend! I managed to have a weekend full of what I love doing most! We had a great weekend with great friends!

Friday I came home from work and quickly threw my hair in curlers, changed my outfit, and put on some makeup. I headed over to the fire hall to help decorate. Much to our surprise, the hall was mostly decorated already, we just had to decorate the tree. Then I was off to the pie party! All the pies I had made were great! We had a great night with great friends! We also ended up with A LOT of snow!

Saturday, Mike was helping M with delivering salt in the morning and I started to make a list of gifts I had left to purchase. J showed up around 11:30, much to my surprise, luckily I was showered and half ready to go because I guess Mike and M had made plans for us all to go out for lunch. We just headed to the local restaurant, which is finally licensed! Mike enjoyed his first beer at the restaurant!! Mike and I headed into town to purchase some gifts, including the gifts for the game that we were playing at the Christmas party later that evening! We also ended up meeting up with my sister at Wal-Mart, who had Hannah with her (of course) so I whisked Hannah off to the toy isle and had her pick out her Christmas present!! I had already got her the Barbie car and was searching for the perfect Barbie still, but she ended up picking a Baby Alive doll. We headed back home, where I once again threw my hair in curlers, put on some makeup and got dresses. M wrapped up the presents and we were off to the party.

We had a great time at the party and the after party! The gift game is always fun. We ended up with the wine glasses I had purchases and LOVED (I stole them from someone..). Mike ended up with "Man of Steel" underwear and black rubber gloves with sequences... the gloves are pretty cool... the underwear... NOT so cool... However, it did not stop my husband from putting them on ON TOP of his pants later on in the evening.... giving himself a new nickname now... I need to find a way to regift these underwear for someone else at the hall!

Sunday we went and grabbed some groceries and then headed to Cambridge with M and J to do some more Christmas shopping. We had great luck!! I found a few great deals and finished my sister, Hannah is almost done as well and Mike's mom. I went to a store called Urban Barn...LOVE this store!! I bought new place mats, as well as a wall sticker. We finished at East Side Marios for dinner and headed home.

Well that pretty much sums it all up! I still have my Mom and Dad to shop for, along with my brother-in-law and MIKE. I am totally lost when shopping for him this year and then today he tells me he BLEW the budget.... how am I soo easy to shop for? And why is he sooo hard to shop for this year?

Also, on a side note, we left Lux out for the first time while we were not home on Sunday, which I was kind-of worried about and much to my surprise he was fine, in fact he was more than fine... we came home to this:



Also, I am a featured blogger on Olivia's blog over at Simply Sunshine and Daisys. Thanks soo much Olivia!! I look forward to "Meeting" new followers!

5 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Sounds like you had a very busy and fun weekend:) Your cats are so sweet!!! Awww...that photo melted my heart
Happy Monday

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend! And look at that picture, SO cute!

Kristin said...

the cats are adorable!

Jenny said...

I always have a hard time shopping for my husband too, but he always comes up with gifts so quickly for me! Not fair!

Leigh Anne said...

what a fun weekend! shopping for boys is always so much harder than shopping for girls! but with creativity can be overcome -- but it does require lots of thought!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...