Monday, February 14, 2011

Manic Monday



Yup. It is Monday again!! Where have the weeks been going? I can't believe we are in the middle of February... smack dab in the middle, which also means it is Valentine's Day. So Happy Valentine's Day!!! M and I don't celebrate anymore, we used to in high school, but now, I would rather spend everyday telling M how much I love him, instead of just one day!! So, with that being said, Girls Night will still be on tonight, although not all the girls will be attending, but the show will still go on!

Back to my weekend, which included a very special little girls 2nd birthday on Saturday, but lets start with Friday night. M and decided to head to a buck and doe with M & J and K & J in town. This was a big eye opener, which may or may not have aged me BIG time! Don't get me wrong, but I love the social aspects of buck and does, but the music was WAAAAYY to loud! I hate having to scream conversations at one another. But, we survived!

Saturday morning, we were waken early by M's pager going off for a medical call at 6:30 AM, not exactly what you want to hear when you didn't get to bed until after 1 AM, but duty calls. I managed to fall back to sleep after letting the dogs out after Mike left. He was back home by 7:30 and invited to go to breakfast with him and the guys at the restaurant, but I decided I wanted to stay in bed. So Mike loaded the girls up in bed with me before he left and we slept until about 9:30 - 10. Mike came home, informing me that he was not at breakfast the whole time, and that he had got another medical call while he was there! So he was a bit behind with his morning plans, but that didn't stop him!!

The magic snow removal fairy came to visit my house!! My front lawn has minimal snow on it now!! How exciting!!! I can wake up and see across the street, my mornings do not have to be miserating anymore!! M went and got the backhoe, tractor and dump trailer and removed all the snow from the front lawn!! We were concerned with the amount of snow and the small drain we have in front lawn, that the snow would end up coming in our basement or something with this warm spell that has started. We are talking above zero temperatures! I know, sooo exciting!! The cats are going crazy watching the icicles drip from the eaves. Too cute!!

When Mike finished that, we headed to my sisters for little Miss Hannah's Birthday!! She is such a doll!! I can't believe she is 2 already!!! Here are a few pictures from her party:




Isn't she sweet?

When we got home from the party, we headed down to M and J's and played some dominoes!

Sunday morning I slept in until 10 AM and we had a nice low key day! We headed into town for some groceries. I also had an incident with a bottle of grape pop that I had been looking forward too, until I opened the bottle that had been over-filled and is sprayed EVERYWHERE!! No exaggerations!! Me = Not Impressed!!

I folded 6 baskets of laundry (I was very much behind), vacuumed and watched the Grammies!

Today I am going to work on packing, hopefully I will set up a new storage cabinet in the foyer that M is going to pick up for me and spend the afternoon working on a few things around the house! The dogs have a play date with K & J's dogs Keg and Malaky at some point. And then girls night!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

sounds like you had a great weekend! hope the rest of the week is good to you, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...