Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Reflection # 3

I've learned- 
that it takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.
Trust is a necessity in every relationship for me. Without this staple, everything could fall apart in the matter of seconds.
I believe that you can move past a mistrust, but you will always struggle with trust, once it is broken, you can move past this, but not easily, things will never be the same!. You would never be able to express yourself fully because you would questioning that persons integrity.
"Trust is like a vase, once it is broken, the vase is never the same".
I also believe that you need to be able to trust yourself. Without this, you would always be questioning whether or not you are doing the right thing. You need to be able to know yourself and know your limits, just as you would with a relationship.
In my life, I trust myself. I trust my husband, my family and my friends. But have I learned a few lessons in trust when it comes to my friends? Yes. You need to be able to recognize a true friendship when it is there. Know that if someone does not trust you, you cannot trust them. You don't want to have to question every relationship that you have, but if your instinct tells you that something is off, go with your gut, check it out. You know yourself the best and trust your feelings.
You can not trust everyone in your life, if you do, you should expect to be hurt along the way. With my old job, I trusted that my boss had my best interests at hand. Little did I know he had the opposite in mind. Looking back, I now realize and see the signs of mistrust, but I shrugged it off and thought I was overreacting. Come the last 6 months of my job, I realized that my boss no longer trusted me, which meant I could no longer trust him. I actually do not know if he ever trusted me come to think of it, or if this was just his way of trying to "get rid of me" because I would not participate in something I did not believe in. Things began to spiral out of control rather quickly. Throughout the whole experience, I learned to trust myself, trust my gut. I may be to cautious now when it comes to trusting new people, new employers, etc., but overall, I learned a heck of a lot. Trust and mistrust can do that for you. I sometimes beat myself up for falling into a trap or a bad situation and not seeing the flashing lights along the way, but the only positive thing I can say now is that I learned soo much about trust.
What have you learned about trust? 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

For me, trust must be earned. After being hurt so many times in my younger years, I am much more guarded and protective of who earns my trust.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...