Monday, October 31, 2011

It's Halloween!!!

And... here we are:
Ashley Va 

We went with Geek and Chic!!! I must say M's costume really made an impression this year! haha!

How bad is it that the weekend only consists of two days really and I am having a hard time remembering what we did Friday night...

Saturday M worked until 2:00 PM. We then headed into town to grab some groceries and the remaining items we needed for our costumes... aka fake eyelashes for me! And what a steal of a deal I got - they were only $2!!! So I bought a few packages for future use!!

We stopped at the farm to pick up Mike's bow tie and shirt, and Mike's Mom put my eyelashes on! We came home and began baking these:

Excuse the crappy pic, I was in a rush when I took it!!

We went to the Halloween party and had a great time! Oh and the cupcakes tasted superb... I LOVE my home made icing!!

Oh I just remembered what we did Friday night... we went for a nice walk and chilled at home - it was soo nice while it lasted, until Mike got paged out to a garage/house fire...

Sunday morning we slept in, which was excellent!! We got up and got the day started with laundry and cleaning the kitchen. I went shopping with K and little G, had lunch and before we heading home, we stopped at Payless!!

Oh the deals I found:

Womens American EagleWomen's Fynn Pleated Flat

and these peep toes:

Womens American EagleWomen's Gia Ruffle Peep Toe Flat
The pictures obviously don't do them justice... but they are super cute on and super comfy!!
Plus it was Buy 1 get the 2nd pair 50% off... so guess how much I spent on these 2?

$15 
that's it!!!

I also got this hat:
Sale MinicciWomen's Three Button Band Cadet Hat

and instead of making my own purse, I bought:

Womens MinicciJosie Shopper
but not this one exactly, this one is similar...

I paid $17 for the purse and $5 for the hat!!!

Great deals!! And then on top of that, I saved 20%, so I bought all four things for less that $35!! Soo... go shoe shopping ladies, while the sale is on!! Start your Christmas shopping early!!!

While I was at play... M was busy at work at home... we can't all play at the same time right? M managed to doctor our mudroom doors. Let me explain: We have patio doors, but one of the doors was stationary, but because of where we put the washer and dryer, we needed the other door to be the one that opens. We tried to get a new middle post, but Home Depot didn't call us back... not impressed, so M decided that he could just doctor the middle post and sure enough he did! So he installed new door handles, since the other ones were only bedroom handles - um scary... and now the door opens the way we need it too!! Love my handy man!!

Later that afternoon, I took pics of little G for K all decked out in her toad clothes!!! She was such a great little photo subject and was pretty much all smiles!!

I hope everyone has a great Halloween!!!



6 comments:

J and A said...

Love the costumes! Nice deals too wow. And super cute cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

Awesome costumes!

Unknown said...

Hey! I discovered you through Fall Followers Fest.. I love your blog! Feel free to check mine out:

http://kayleehornsby.blogspot.com
http://quintessentially--yours.blogspot.com

Kae said...

cute costumes and the cupcakes look so yummy!

Kae said...

cute costumes and the cupcakes look so yummy!

EmCain said...

cute costumes!! Happy Halloween :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...