Friday, January 13, 2012

About Me Game

Hilary over at Thankful for Second Chances has tagged me in the "About Me" post going around blogger land, so I thought I would play along since I have some new followers, why not share a bit more about myself! So:
 
[the rules]
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 11 new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag 11 people and link them on your post
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
 
My 11 Facts:
  • I hate winter and I always have - even as a kid - tobogganing and skiing or anything outside - I hated it and I still do! The only thing I did and continue to like is hot chocolate! Yet, yes I call myself a Canadian!
  • I had surgery on my right foot for a tumor on the bottom of it - came back benign, but now my one calf muscle is bigger than the other... trying buying boots to accommodate...
  • My first dog was a shih tzu - Snoopy - he was a great dog with lots of spunk! Miss him like CRAZY! I got him before I went into high school because I got straight A's!(I usually got a B or 2) My mom didn't think I would ever do it! I did get a B on my report card in gym - but I fought it and got an A (he gave me a B for not having a gym uniform - no one else did either)!
After his first haircut done by me!
  • I have never been in an car accident as the DRIVER, but I have been in several as a passenger.. knock on wood!
  • I first studied a year of law clerking, before switching over to medical assistant. I loved the law and learned soo much, but figured the pay was crappy for the work you had to do... I would either have to be a lawyer or do something else!
  • I am a needle-a-phob, even after this past year, I really thought I would get over it, but NOPE I haven't!
  • I was diagnosed with high blood pressure when I was 16, after a year of meds and tests, they decided that I do not have high blood pressure, I was actually diagnosed with "white-coat syndrome" - my blood pressure goes up when I goto the doctors (to the point I can actually feel it rising on my way there)
  • I love blankets - can not have enough of them! You might even call me a collector... yes that is what I will call it! Any type will do.
  • I was born with dislocated hips, I never know when my hip will slip out of place, but luckily I can get it to go back in on my own!
  • I am a planner! I like to know the details to everything. It is hard to just sit back and let things happen and not know what is coming next!
  • I am a sale shopper! I HATE paying full price for ANYTHING! Love getting a good deal! Clothing and household goods must be a good price. Groceries - we buy whatever - sale or not, but I'll stock up on sale items.

 
Hilary's Questions:
 
1. What's your favorite blog to read (yes, you can only pick one)?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. What kind of car do you drive?
4. What's the one thing in your home that has to be a certain way? (Toilet paper over, clothes folded, DVDs alphabetized, etc.)
5. Tell me about your worst school yearbook picture growing up.
6. What's your favorite app on your phone?
7. Tell me one really quirky thing about yourself.
8. I just saw on the news this morning that a lady paid $50,000 to have her dog cloned. If someone offered to clone your family pet (all creepiness aside), what is the max amount of money would you pay to have it done?
9. What's your favorite Real Housewives season?
10. What fast food chain do you wish would go away and never come back?
11. How many US states have you visited?

 
My Answers:

1) Oh geez, I have no clue how to pick just one! I do really love Alison's - Life & Times Of Alison & Justin.
2) My favorite book is probably To Kill A Mockingbird - the first chapter book I ever finished in high school!
3) I drive a 2007 Pontiac Torrent in a purple/black color, fully loaded with leather heated seats, sunroof, etc.- I know I still haven't taken pics of it! I will though! We also have a 2002 Ford Explorer that is green - this thing HATES me!
4) Toilet paper - the paper must always go over the roll, not under - under drives me and hubby batty! I also like underwear folded (mine or his)!
5) I think it would be when I was 16. I had the worst hair cut in my life... I went to a new hair dresser and he cut my hair waaay to short - like I didn't ask for it short. 2002 was NOT a good hair year! I managed to pull the look off, but HATED it! Here is the pic from my driver's license that year:
It is shitty quality... but you get the point! I can't believe I just shared that!

6) My favorite app on my phone is probably Facebook or Social Feeds. Blackberry's are not known for their apps - that is for sure!
7) One quirky thing about me would be that I hate getting my hands dirty - there must be a glove for that! Baking, cooking, cleaning, gardening.. you get the point!
8) I can't say that I would clone all my pets, but I would clone Lily - she is pretty much the world's perfect dog, but I would have them take away her thyroid issue... money would obviously not be an issue if we are talking about paying to have a pet cloned, so I would probably pay whatever it needed to be. 
9) I don't really watch the Real Housewives - I've only seen the Beverly Hills one, so I guess that would be my choice! I'm still trying to figure out if the show is staged or if there are people that CRAZY out there! haha! I know there is - I might even know a FEW! haha! Shhh!
10) I wish that Taco Bell would take a hike! I don't like it! We don't really have a lot of fast food joints where I live in Ontario. You can pretty much choose McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Subway, Mr. Sub, KFC, or Tim Hortons or Starbucks.
11) Define visited? Stayed over night in - maybe 6 or 7. Drove through/stopped in - 9. 

I am going to break the rules now, because I am not going to tag anyone specific - but please play along and you can answer the same questions I did!

I had a super hectic drive into work today. I had to take the windy back roads to work, because all other 4 options were closed or had issues!! It took me an hour and fifteen minutes when it should have only taken me half an hour! I hope the drive home is better!

Have a great weekend!!

 
 

2 comments:

Sar said...

Love your blog! Found you through Hollie's #FF and am now following! It's great to meet you, Ashley!

The Presutti's said...

I got tagged too :) such a super fun thing to do :) thanks for sharing :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...