Friday, March 30, 2012

Lily's Update

Hello blog world,

Lily checking in. I decided to take over Mom's blog today to take a moment to thank everyone for their kind words, prayers and concerns.

 I just wanted to give you a quick update on my health scare on Wednesday. I sure did scare everyone, including myself. Mom made me take it easy for the remainder of the day and Gracie didn't leave my side, although she did get in trouble for trying to get me to play with her. Mom told her we would have time for that another day. One good thing that came of my scare would be the attention and cuddles I got from Mom, Dad, Gracie, the cat clan, heck even Grandma gave me some extra loving. But I promised Mom I wouldn't scare her like that again.

Yesterday Mom took Gracie and I up to the vet clinic to see my good pal Chris. They say he is a doctor or something, but he likes to get down on the ground and play with us - I don't think doctors do that. Chris assured Mom that I am okay and that it was probably just a one time thing, although I am on Slentrol for my weight loss and there has been one reported case on seizures associated with that. So Chris is going to look into that so Mom doesn't go crazy, but he told her to resume my meds. If for some reason I have another episode we will go from there, but I told Mom I don't plan on it. On the upside, we had a bit of celebration, which included several liver cookies from Chris and the office girls - I am down 3 pounds!!!

I know 3 pounds in a month doesn't seem like much, but I am doing better than Chris expected. When we finished at the vets, Mom took Gracie and I to the park to run around. Heck when Dad came from work he was even excited and congratulated me on my hard work!

Now that I am feeling better, maybe Mom or Dad will catch one of the cats for me to chase, I think they all need to reassured that I am back to my old self. I destuffed one of my toys in effort to show them and the cats seemed grateful to play with the stuffing afterwards! Mom wasn't impressed with that part though!!

So with all that being said, I am feeling better and thanks again for thinking about me ;)

Love Lily

8 comments:

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Hope you're feeling better Lily! Sounds like quite a scare for you and the fam! :)
BTW...I have a dog named Lily too! :)

Carolyn said...

YAY! I'm glad Lily's doing better!!

Meg said...

Aww sooooo glad to hear that Lily is doing better!!! YAY!!!!

J and A said...

YAY glad she is better and lost lbs!! :) Have a great weekend!!

Emily Meyers said...

Hello! I just added myself to your followers for support, and wanted to invite you to come follow my blog and be a part of a really fun giveaway I’m having!
Hope to see you there! Thanks!

http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/04/time-for-giveaway.html

Jamie said...

Lily, Our mom has been so, super busy getting ready for our big move that we didn't find out about your health scare until just now. We are so sorry that you and your family had to go through that, and grateful you are feeling better! Lots of licks, Charlie and Riley

Our Home Grown Adventures said...

I'm a new follower to your blog so thought I'd say hi!
I'm glad Lily is doing better! That must have been very scary xx

Cassie said...

Glad she is okay! Could not imagine what you guys are going through! So sad!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...