Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Another Post on Lily

I apologize now, as my blog topics have all become about Lily, but right now, that is all that really matters in my life right now. I cannot thank you all enough for your continuous messages, emails, etc asking about Lily and praying for her recovery. I know I mentioned it yesterday, but please continue to pray, as we are still not sure with what we are dealing with! I meant to respond to the messages, however my power went our due to high winds and my cell was on low battery!

Lily's night went pretty well last night, she received lots of hugs and snuggles from M and I, Grace, even the cats!! She is still not eating all that well, which is concerning, as she seemed to be eating a bit better on the weekend. Her spirits are much better, but she is still sick and it is hard to remember that.

I brought her home and gave her a bath (which she loved).

This morning she wouldn't eat for M, but I got her to eat a tiny amount. I gave her some extra loving this morning, got her things ready in case she had to go back up to the vet, held her tight and lost a few more tears. I ended up being a few minutes late for work, but to be honest it was the last thing on my mind at this time. I may be at work today, but my head is just not in it.

I am not handling all this stress well at all right now, it sucks feeling soo helpless. My body continues to notify me of it's weaknesses. My heart is heavy, my head is pounding, my body is aching, I could go on... I slept best last night, knowing she was home and I was able to check on her - which I did. I just wish she could tell us how she felt, or what was wrong!

I spoke with the vet today, Lily will be heading back up this afternoon and will be staying over night again. She finally has an appointment for her liver ultrasound and a potential biopsy if deemed necessary. I am praying to find answers, with easy solutions. Although I don't really know that I am ready to hear the answers.

For me to say that I really just want this nightmare to be over is an understatement, that no one will truly understand until they go through something like this. I just simply have too much going on around me, with only one thing on my mind. So excuse the lack of blogging. I will continue to update on Twitter, as well as Facebook, my links are up on the right side bar.

I will leave you with a picture of Lily taken this morning (on my phone - sorry)

8 comments:

J and A said...

Ah Lily. You have such sad eyes. :( I hope the vet can make her better today...stay strong girl. Lily and then rest of your family needs you. Wish I was closer to help. Sending hugs.

Miki {Becoming What I Always Was} said...

Im so sorry you have to see you little baby go through such a hard time. I am glad to hear that the vet is making progress in finding a solution, hopefully it is the liver that is giving her issues so you can have it over with soon! I really am so sorry and I can relate and know the heavy hearted feeling. All and All I think Lily knows how much you are doing to help her, and loved you and M a great amount!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

I am so sorry for your poor baby Lily! She is in my thoughts and prayers. Hope she feels better soon!

Meg said...

Ash I am so sorry you have still not gotten any answers...Iam still sending thoughts and prayers your way...and hopefully you will have some good news soon!!! Those eyes get you everytime:(...Get well soon Lily xoxo

A Brew of Blessings said...

Awww poor Lilly! Keep us updated :)

Stacy Kinard said...

Hi! I just found your blog today and want you to know I stopped to say a prayer for you and your baby! I have two furbabies myself and know how hard it is when they are sick! Praying for healing!!

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers your way! Don't apologize for all the posts. I'm glad there are people like you out there that care so much about their pets and treat them as members of the family. Good luck and keep posting.

Al said...

Sweetie, this comment touched me on SUCH a personal note. The past month I have been to the vets 5 times with my middle "child", Miah - and she was diagnosed finally with systemic lupus. (not a good diagnosis - often fatal soon after they discover it, but can be managed for a little while...) and so I have literally cried myself to sleep about this for the past month.

Nothing touches the heart like a dog does...

I wish Lily peace and comfort, and I am sending you prayers and love only a fellow dog lover can understand. My dogs are MY LIFE.

Love to you, friend. Hang in there...

xoxo

FYI - Miah's liver enzymes are also high after bloodwork - not sure how they deal with that??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...