Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Time the Bread Maker Failed Me

Soo I decided to take a kitchen adventure yesterday, and it was an adventure to say the least!

I had been wanting to bake something, so what else do you do when you want to bake? Cook books? No...  you scroll through Pinterest!! I had pinned a Cinnamon Bun Recipe a while back and had been itching to try it!
Pinned Image

They are supposed to taste just like Cinnabon!! YUM! who wouldn't try to make it? You can find the recipe here.

So I scrolled through the recipe, gathered my ingredients, as well as my "trusty" old bread maker!!

I followed the instructions as per my bread maker, as well as per the recipe - just like it says to! I have never used the dough setting on my machine before, but there is a first time for everything.

I turn on the machine, and just expect magic to happen in the machine. M came home wondering what he was coming home to because he could hear the machine kneading the dough. However after looking in, it hadn't even mixed the ingredients! So, I took it upon myself to mix them by hand! Ha! I had dough forming right in front of my eyes! So I turned the machine back on and let it work it's "magic". The timer went off and I had dough! I proceeded with the rest of recipe, except there was one problem, aside from my pesky husband telling me it wasn't going to work and the problem was the dough wasn't rising. I have made bread once before without my machine, and tried all the tactics to get it to rise - no such luck! M suggested that I just bake it. So I did and it rose a bit, but they tasted like crap! Smelt good, but the dough was horrible!

So at the end of the day, M and I's conversation went something like this:
Me: "I don't even know what went wrong."
M: "I don't know, you even followed the directions."
Me: "Ya, the one time I follow the directions and look where it gets me..."
M: "I think it was bread machine, not the fact that you followed the directions."
Me: "Maybe I should have modified it."

So my magical bread maker failed me!! M also tried to reassure me that making bread is really difficult. Well this recipe must have been because even my trusty bread maker couldn't handle it!

I am going to try another cinnamon bun recipe soon though!!

Like I have said before, never a dull moment in the kitchen when I am in it!

3 comments:

J and A said...

ha ha oh darn. I have never tried to make bread!! Seems tricky!!

Anonymous said...

lol well they look good in the photo!

Laura Darling said...

I have heard that break making is really hard! Practice makes perfect...I give you lots of credit for trying@

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...