Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Weekend Recap

This blog post is coming to you straight from my basement!! Yup, you heard me, I am blogging in the basement!! As most of you know I HATE basements, but now that we have ours in a just about finished state, I actually don't mind it. It is very warm and welcoming! I will be sure to snap some pics as soon as there aren't TV wires everywhere, because M has yet to hide them!

Anyways, moving on to our weekend...

We all know what Thursday was like, but to be honest Friday was pretty slow moving for M with his sore back. But we got some house work done and now that the snow has melted, we got some yardwork done. It was gorgeous out though all weekend. I actually cracked some windows open:

Binx was impressed!
 
Saturday I made this dessert for Sunday:
Pinned Image
 
It was amazing!!
 
Sunday:
 
I wore this, although with this necklace that my sister made me:
 
 
 And forced my hubby to smile...
 
 He did better the second time...
 
We spent the afternoon with family and had fun. We watched the infamous basketball game where Louisville's Kevin Ware broke his leg... um disgusting... he literally broke his leg in half below the knee... gross!! During dinner.. we watched it 6 times, because someone missed it. I feel bad for him!!
 
I worked yesterday and now I am off for 2 weeks, as the doctor is away.
 
 
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
 
 


10 comments:

In With the Light said...

I love your top! I am really into stripes right now. :) And I too am not a fan of basements, but ours is awesome. It has higher ceilings and doesn't even feel like you're mostly underground. ;)

Courtney Kassner said...

That dessert looks delicious!

J and A said...

You look GREAT! Glad you had a good weekend. That leg break was SO so gross!!!! ick.

Murdock's mama said...

Adorable! And I want that cake SOOOO BAD!!! :)

Katie said...

that dessert looks amazing!! and i love your striped top!

Sybil@PeaceitallTogether said...

What a great looking dessert. Looks so yummy! Watched the replay of that injury twice and then couldn't watch anymore. It was so awful :(

Aubrey said...

You look great! (and so does that cake!!) :)

Leslie H. said...

I agree with you on basements! I have a total preconceived idea about them all the time. It's hard to make them welcoming and cozy.
Glad you had a much better end to your week

Erin said...

I can't wait to see photos of your basement! I'm usually not a huge fan of them myself so hubs made ours into his man cave. So far so good!

That cake looks divine! Also, about the Kevin Ware injury.. I didn't see it happen but just reading about it makes me cringe! I can't imagine watching it 6 times haha! You look beautiful by the way! Definitely rockin' a dressy casual chic look ;) Hope you had a Happy Easter! xoxo

Sarah said...

Hi Ashley! Just hopping around today and wanted to let you know that I'm hosting a Stella and Dot jewelry giveaway on Friday! It's my first one but wanted to give you the heads up. Hope you'll stop by then!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...