Wednesday, October 16, 2013

18 Weeks

Sorry this is a day late, I ended up with the flu yesterday ;(

How Far Along:
18 weeks - October 6 - 12, 2013
 
Size Of Baby?

A sweet potato - right around thanksgiving! How fitting!
  
Maternity Clothes?
Had to put away another non-maternity shirt. It is starting to get too short!
 

I also currently live in my sports bras!! Who needs real ones - which I really need to invest into some that fit! 

Stretch Marks?
None yet.
 
Gender?
We will find out in March!
  
Sleep?
-Still getting up once or twice, but I am able to fall right back to sleep! Can I just say how hard it is to stay on my left side?
-Charlie horses in my sleep, or when I stretch in the morning - not fun!
-I find I cannot sleep for as long because my back will start to ache, so I have been getting up early lately.
 
Cravings/Aversions?
Eggs are still a big NO! After dealing with them at the fireman's breakfast, I can affirm that. yuck! The white cupcakes hut the spot!! 
 
Movement?
 Feeling more and more and I am loving it, although it's not often.

Feeling?
Overall, great!!
   I take back what I said last week about my face! It is back to being bad!!!
Dizziness is back.
Tired again, but once again I think its the sleep issues at night causing this.

Highlights:

- this week has been pretty straight forward!

- we did hit 150 more days to go!


- Baby V got some new threads:


 
Belly Button?
In
 
Best Moment of the Week?

- M telling me he wants to start paint the nursery next week!

I told you this week was more on the boring side!
 

Crazy Pregnancy Moment:
 I may have got mad at M for rearranging my pillows in the bed, which he says he does every night, but I think because I am trying soo hard to sleep on my left side and with my back bugging me, it made me lose my cool. Damn those pregnancy hormones!

I also am embarrassed to admit that baby brain got the best of me while making that damn white cupcake craving... I was pulling the tray out of the oven, but wondering if they were done and it was getting caught on the rack above, so while mesmerized that I finally have cupcakes, I grabbed the tray with my bare hand and burnt my finger and thumb! The cupcakes are good, but man my digits hurt!! Note to other pregnant women: put oven mitts on both hands, no matter what!! 
 
Bump Pic:

 
 
Looking Forward To:
 - spending time with family for thanksgiving
- my next doctor's appointment! I just want to hear all about the baby's ultrasound!
- starting the nursery!!

8 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

You look great! That is exciting to start painting the nursery :) I hate the back aches. I found doing lower back exercises helped my back pain a ton.

Lindsay said...

Great update! A sweet potato compared to the beginning when it was a poppy seed!

How do you keep on your left side? I am finding it impossible! I wake up and I am on my stomach half the time! Which I really need to stop doing!

Can't wait to see your nursery progress along the way! xo

Lindsay said...

Great update! A sweet potato compared to the beginning when it was a poppy seed!

How do you keep on your left side? I am finding it impossible! I wake up and I am on my stomach half the time! Which I really need to stop doing!

Can't wait to see your nursery progress along the way! xo

J and A said...

Looking good!! I hardly ever slept on my left, I just couldn't and my Dr said to sleep on either side that was comfy. Hope you are feeling better!! Those onesies are super cute!

Leigh said...

Oh no, hope you are feeling better soon!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

You don't sound very comfortable at all! That sucks! Have you tried seeing a chiro? Maybe you are out of alignment and that's what's causing all the sleeping issues. I'm pretty thankful that I'm not too uncomfortable yet. I know it's coming.

Mmmm cupcakes! I want one (or 5) but I need to reduce my sugar and junk food intake. Yay veggies!

Your poor fingers! I've done that before.

The little outfits are so cute! I just want to buy baby stuff but I'm trying to resist until I know what I actually need.

Hilary said...

Owwww - I did the same thing with the bare handed pan grab around 12 weeks. Thankfully my baby brain has gone away somewhat.

I looove the anchor sleeper!

Kae said...

boo for not sleeping as much, but hopefully it gets better!

Yay for painting and the onesies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...