Saturday, December 21, 2013

28 Weeks


How Far Along:
28 weeks - December 15 - 21, 2013 
 
Size Of Baby?


Baby is now capable of blinking and it is now possible for the baby to be dreaming!

I've been pregnant for 7 months already!!
 
Maternity Clothes?
Wearing mostly lounge clothes again this week. Warm lounge clothes, because it is cooold and snowy here!! I did have a self proclaimed pj day this week.

I also did find 2 opportunities to get "dressed" in non-lounge clothes, but in all honesty I changed from my lounge clothes into them. I was sure to document it, so you didn't think I was a complete bum this week.



 
Stretch Marks?
Still just a small one, but nothing really noticeable.
 
Gender?
Team Green!

What the Doctor Had To Say:
 We got a break this week! No doctor's visit until the end of the month!

I did call my family doctor to find out what I am supposed to do as far as my ankle goes, since the ER didn't give me any direction as far as follow up goes or what to expect with recovery. She has ordered a follow up x-ray on the 30th of December, and then a follow up after. Until then, I am to stay in the air cast. I was ever hopeful I would walking a bit more on my own by then, but turns out I am not supposed to! I guess I just had unrealistic goals in mind for myself. At least now I know what to expect!

Sleep?
Getting much better after last week!! I have even had a few nights of straight sleep without getting up to pee!! It is really dry in the house, despite our humidifier running straight. I think with the weather being soo cold outside.

Baby Purchases This Week:
Bought the baby a present for under the tree! Just something small!

Baby also got some new boots.

I ordered some custom hats for the babe, as well as some adorable ones!! More to come on these in the new year :) I will admit that I am struggling to purchase anything newborn size? Anyone else? They are just soo small, I have a hard time imagining my baby that small!! Lol. 

I also bought these used:
Love those little shoes and that sweater romper - adorable!! Can't wait to see the baby in it!! 

Bought the supplies I needed for the mobile. Now I just have to get crafty!  

Made this Week:
Crocheted away
 
Cravings/Aversions?
Finally had those homemade chocolate chip cookies!! It was really hard to not eat the cookie dough as I made them - its my favorite part! The cookies did not disappoint!
   
Movement?
Yes, yes and yes! Baby has been moving up and down a lot, but still must be in breech position based on kicks being low. Better than kicks in the ribs I guess. Although the dancing on the bladder has tricked me into thinking I have to pee when I don't!

Towards the end of the week the kicks weren't as low, but I think baby is maybe laying across my middle now.

Feeling?
Overall pretty good! Nose is quite stuffy still, but that can be medication related. My skin is still all over the place. Reflux is still horrible, I'd be lost without my tums!! 

Sciatica has started this week, I felt this during a previous week, but had no clue what it was. After looking into it more, turns out to be exactly that. Luckily it comes and goes, but when it comes, it hurts!! 

I did have one afternoon of just feeling off, my stomach was rock hard for the afternoon and evening. I still haven't figured out what it was, but laying down for an hour and a bit helped.

This week I was pretty sick of sitting at home.

Highlights:
Starting off my first week in the 3rd Trimester!! We are in the home stretch now!!

Sitting in the nursery with M just chatting about the baby, life in general, etc. for an hour, for no reason other than we had to go upstairs to check for forgotten Christmas presents and were side tracked once again by how amazing it is to have a nursery!! We both love just sitting up there in the baby's room.
   
Belly Button?
In, but it is getting flatter and flatter. 
 
Wedding Rings?
On and really loose.

Best Moment of the Week?
 I think getting out of the house is a close second to hitting the 3rd trimester!!

Next week I will be leaving the house more often and I am excited about it!! 

Crazy Pregnancy Moment:
  Probably baking with M. I love being able to just laugh with him to the point of crying, but not sappy crying this time!! 
 
Bump Pic:
 


Previous Week's Comparison:
   
Doesn't look like much of a difference!!! lol! But it is! 18 weeks was the first week the baby sat high!

Looking Forward To:
  Celebrating Christmas - our last year as just M and I. But feeling soo incredibly blessed with this sweet babe in my belly. 

Best. Gift. Ever. 


2 comments:

Hilary said...

Love that little sweater romper! I'm nervous to buy newborn, too. Honestly, I'm nervous to buy ANYTHING because I feel like as soon as I buy everything in the right age/season, he'll be wearing 12 months at 6 months old when it's summertime and all I have are sweaters & things. Just gives me more of an excuse to shop later on! :-)

J and A said...

Cute purchases! 2nd hand is awesome!! Look at that bump!! Love it. Enjoy your Christmas kicks!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...