Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sweet Baby V - What Will you Be??

The closer I get towards the the end of my pregnancy, the more I find myself wondering if Baby V is a boy or a girl.

A lot of people wonder why we decided to wait to find out, or told us we were crazy for waiting, but in all reality it came down to the same reason each time. This baby is a blessing, whether a boy or a girl. We were more than surprised to find out we were pregnant, after 4+ years of infertility! Finding out the baby's gender is one of those surprises that doesn't happen everyday! I wanted M to have that moment of going out to the waiting room to announce the baby's gender. Brings tears to my eyes just imagining that moment of pure bliss! Yes, I am a planner and it is very hard now a days to find gender nuetral stuff, but that moment in the end has gotten me through! 


But as I mentioned, it doesn't mean we don't wonder what the baby is. In the beginning I would have swore it was a girl, not for any given reason, but just a feeling. M thinks girl, and has yet to away to the boy side. He even refers to the baby as "she". Now a days I find myself thinking boy, but it could be because we struggle with boy names, so I am constantly imagining boy names. But I also flip back and forth daily, even hourly, depending one what I read. If the book says girl or the we page says boy, it makes me consider both possibilities. 

As far as dreams go, I've only seen the baby once. It was girl first, then a boy later on in the dream! 

On To The Wives Tales:

Chinese Gender Prediction says: 

GIRL

Mayan Gender Prediction Theory says: 

BOY 

How I Have Carried: 

Low = BOY 
In front = BOY

(taken yesterday (baby dropped))


Skin: 

Acne = GIRL 
Dry Skin, cold feet = BOY 

Ring Test: 

GIRL 

Baby's Heart Rate: 

GIRL for the most part, especially in the beginning, now it is sometimes borderline.

Appetite: 

GIRL

Daddy's Weight:

GIRL (in the beginning he was gaining more than me, but I've surpassed his gain now) lol

Morning Sickness: 

BOY

Mood Swings: 

GIRL (poor M) 



So that tallies up to:
7 GIRL votes
5 BOY votes.


What do you think Baby V will be?


15 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think Baby V will be a girl! Just a hunch! ;)

Unknown said...

I just have to chime in here - I've been reading along for a couple of months now and am so pleased for you. My guess - it's a baby! So happy that you are one of the ones that has chosen to wait the old fashioned way.

Murdock's mama said...

I have never thought boy. Just comparing your pregnancy to mine, it's most like mine with Jordyn. So my vote it GIRL! :) Either way, I'm totally happy for you guys!! :)

Rebekah said...

Oh goodness! I'm horrible at these predictions so I won't even try to guess :) I love that you haven't found out and it will be the BEST surprise! I just KNEW James was a boy but I told myself we could have a girl so we had to be open. But all the old wives tales were boy for me. Whenever someone told me they thought I was having a girl it honestly hurt my feelings, that's how strongly I felt that I was having a boy! Not much longer until that sweet, precious baby is here!

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

I'm thinking boy, but that could be because I have a boy. :) It seems like everyone is having girls right now so I don't know!

So fun! I can't wait to find out. :)

J and A said...

My vote is girl for sure!!

Rachel and John said...

I vote Boy! So exciting!

Aubrey said...

I love that you're waiting to find out!! I'm guessing boy!

Mrs Gable said...

I am thinking girl!

Leigh said...

My vote is boy :)

Sarah Alway said...

I think Baby V will be a perfect little angel, no matter what he or she turns out to be! My husband was absolutely convinced that we were having a girl, but two ultrasounds have confirmed he's a boy... I guess they could always be wrong and we could end up with a baby girl after all in a few months, though!

Jonny and Brittany said...

I am JUST getting back into blogging and wanted to say congratulations!!!!! I am finding this out so late!! haha! I think it would be so exciting to find out the gender on their birth day! Good luck mamma!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I think girl. Just a hunch I've had all along.

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Oh gosh! There is a 50/50 chance...so I'm going to say GIRL!!! Can't wait to find out! :)

Hilary said...

I feel like a mother's first instinct is right more times than not. I thought boy for the first 16 weeks and only thought girl for the last 4 before we found out. And hey, the best part of designing a nursery and not knowing what the baby's sex is is that you can sneak cute stuff like chevron in that your husband wouldn't let you put in your baby boy's nursery! :-X

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...