Tuesday, February 25, 2014

36 Weeks

This was written before having the baby. I went into the hospital at 36 weeks 5 days, so this info is leading up to that time, not beyond.

How Far Along:
36 weeks - Feb. 9-15, 2014
Size Of Baby?
A honeydew!

Baby is working hard on learning how to breath on his/her own. Skin is smooth and soft and gums are rigid.

Liver and kidneys are working, as well as the circulatory and immune system.

We hit exactly one month until the due date, less than a month to go! Half way through the week, we found out even less!! 

Maternity Clothes?
Pants are getting harder and harder to put on, too bad it's winter time and I can't live in dresses and skirts!!

Excuse the renovation mess in the background! Hopefully it will be dealt with soon!! 

Stretch Marks?
Still just a small one, but nothing really noticeable.
Gender?
Team Green! But anxious to find out!! I'm starting to think boy more and more?

What the Doctor Had To Say:

  "The wheels are falling off my wagon, this baby is coming sooner than later". We had a rather eventful appointment turn into a triage visit. You can read about it here, just so I don't have to type it all out again. 

But to summarize it, my blood pressure is climbing, baby is doing great, weighing in around 7 pounds, but we are not going to make it to March! He was talking about inducing this week, but because my blood work came back okay, he increased my meds for a week, and we are setting a date next week (which is actually this week since these posts are a week behind). We are playing it day by day now. My belly is no longer measuring ahead, in fact a week behind at 35, but low and behold it is only because the baby has dropped soo much!

Sleep?
I can actually hear myself snoring! M says he doesn't mind, but it annoys me! Drooling in my sleep is also excessive these days, probably from sleeping with my mouth open.

Tossing and turning trying to get comfortable and the usual 2-3 times up on average at this point. Waking earlier than usual, but feeling somewhat rested when I awake.

I am also getting more pelvic and hip pain, but that's to be expected towards the end here. The heating pad is helping a little with this.

Baby Purchases This Week:
We bought the baby's teddy bear! After behaving and staying put on Wednesday's appointment, we realized we still hadn't bought the baby a special bear from us. So we found just the perfect bear:
M really wanted to get the puppy dog one, so we might have to buy Deacon the Dog by Jellycats. Might have to be a gift from the dogs lol. But that can happen later!! 

Made/Done this Week:
- M got the lamp finished!!
- picture frames are painted, pictures printed (although now I have a few more to do)


- outlet covers are up, wardrobe is shimmed up
- bassinet skirt is on
- paint on the shelves and mobile are touched up

Cravings/Aversions?
Angel Food Cake! 
   
Movement?
Baby is still kicking up a storm in there! S/he does not like it when I sit straight up, I think it might be squishing where s/he is hanging out.

Baby had a lazy day on Wednesday during our ultrasound and during our non-stress-test. I think it was just too much excitement for everyone! But once we were home baby was kicking like crazy.

Feeling?
Much better as far as my cold goes! Just a few sniffles here and there, but I've had them the whole pregnancy! My throat is still scratchy :( 

- I'm feeling more and more uncomfortable, but in all honesty, I wouldn't trade it in for the world! I've really loved being pregnant and I know my time is coming to an end rather quickly.

- Braxton and Hicks are more consistent lately. 

 - I feel like this baby is going to drop right out of me! Putting on pants/socks/shoes is now a chore, just because lifting my legs almost feels impossible anymore!

Highlights:
 Just a few finishing touches left to do, like hanging pictures and what not!

Seeing sweet Baby V, hearing how well the baby is doing, now we just need my blood pressure to co-operate just a little bit longer after this weeks excitement. I can't even say scare, because we are ready, we were just surprised that it will be happening soo much sooner than we anticipated! Baby's have their own schedule right? 

Belly Button?
It's still in, but.... We saw it pop out! It was creepy! Baby was sitting straight up my middle, and when I went to roll out of bed, while twisting it popped out. M thought it was cool, I was creeped out! So now we wonder if it will pop! I do feel an outer ridge around it. 
Wedding Rings?
Off. 

Best Moment of the Week?
 Seeing Baby V's sweet face. We had always seen the profile, but never front on and this week we got the baby's nose and lips, as well as another profile!
Look at those pouty lips!! We are in trouble!! 

Crazy Pregnancy Moment:
Our doctors appointment. M and I didn't go into our appointment thinking we could be having a baby that day, or even this week. After spending the day in triage, we realized just how soon this baby is coming - ready or not. March 1st is no longer a realistic goal. Playing things day by day and hopefully setting an induction date next week.

Bump Pics:
(didn't get one)




Looking Forward To:
Meeting Baby V!! 
   

2 comments:

Allyssa said...

You look so cute! I can't wait to find out whether it's a boy or a girl! Praying for a safe delivery! :)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Are you sleeping any better now, other than wakingp for feedings?

Is your BP now or are you still on meds for it?

I love that striped dress!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...