Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Finding Out About Baby V2!!

This pregnancy came as a complete surprise! Yes, we had been trying since January and on meds monthly for the first quarter of the year and then switched to doing every other month based on my ovulation side. July was our month off of Clomid, so we didn't keep track of anything, we couldnt even remember when Day 1 was (we narrowed it down to 2 possible days). As the month came to an end we were trying to figure out when we would start Clomid worrying we would miss ovulation because I was going out west! Based on when we thought Day 1 was, I was expecting it on the weekend and there was no sign of it! We hadn't really talked about testing, but when I woke up Monday morning I decided to just test as a fluke, thinking it would bring on my period or spotting or something... It always works that way right?

We found out we were expecting on July 27th, 2015, exactly two years, 1 month shy a day from finding out last time! 

I took the test, not having tested in a long time, since in St. Martin actually, and right away there was a plus sign, but the dummy being myself, that didn't make sense, I was expecting two lines... I clearly was half a sleep, so I read the box and slowly out two and two together and instantly started shaking and crying (the happiest tears). I couldn't believe it!! I kept looking at the test, which was clear as day! I decided I would call Mike and see if he was able to home, but he was already busy, so I made up an excuse for calling, which was totally random... I happened to look out the window and see a hot air balloon landing in the park. His Dad actually confirmed it. I needed to tell someone, so I called my sister and when she asked me how I was I blurted out pregnant and cried again! 


I quickly came up with a game plan on how to tell M, but needed to gather supplies, so Noah and I headed out and when we got home and I put him down for his nap, I got to work and made a cute BIG BRO shirt. Of course I picked a busy fabric... I should have picked a solid...


I videotaped M's reaction when he got home - it was perfect and still brings tears to my eyes!! Now for more reason than one. Noah's excitement is the best part. I could watch this video on repeat, but to be honest it is really hard seeing my sweet Lily and Noah loving on her. Man I miss her.



M literally had to see the test to believe it and we lived in a state of shock for over a week! We tested with the digital and of course called the fertility clinic, who confirmed the pregnancy with two blood tests and an ultrasound appointment at 7 weeks! 

More to come on how we told our parents, ultrasounds and our confusing due date!! 






11 comments:

P!nky said...

Awww, what a sweet and wonderful story.

Kristin said...

This is so great! CONGRATULATIONS LADY!

Murdock's mama said...

LOVE this!!!

Gabriella said...

So exciting, congrats! That video is adorable!

Hilary said...

Awwww, so sweet! I have goose bumps from watching the video. I'm soooo excited for you!

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

I love this!! And Noah is so sweet. I'm super excited for you guys. :)

J and A said...

LOVE the video!! So awesome to have!!

Cole said...

What a great story and video!

Christy said...

Congratulations! I am thrilled for you guys!!!

Stephanie said...

Congrats! That is SO exciting! Yay!

Kristina said...

Love this! Ive been bad about blog following but i love following on IG.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...