Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekend Rewind

Another weekend in the books and that brings us just that closer to baby time.

Friday night despite being tired, I went in and grabbed groceries child-free because it is that much easier. By the time evenings roll around I'm exhausted these days, so not much else happened once I got home! I do reccomend you going out and buying this: 


Saturday morning Noah woke up crazy early. Now that the sun is coming up earlier, it comes up right in his room and is making him rise earlier as well. Clearly we need to get some black out curtains. After Noah had breakfast we headed into town to the market, as well as a quick stop at the grocery store I didn't goto the night before to grab ground beef. I stocked right up, knowing I've got freezer meals to make next weekend! 


We made a special trip to Tim Hortons for some donuts and then headed home! I had specific tasks I wanted to tackle this weekend and for the most part we did manage to get them done! 

We managed to get Noah to put himself down for his nap this weekend, which was a big thing we wanted to implement and not only did he put himself down, but he slept for 3 hours!! I decided to hit up the hot tub and have a nap too, but not for 3 hours!

He woke up in a great mood and we had some good old fun for the rest of the afternoon/evening.

And if you need a child distraction tactic... Ask your child if he wants to "bathe" the dishes!! Noah was a huge fan!! And it entertained him for a long while and he didn't make a mess!! 


Before Noah went to bed we celebrated our first full day of being dry!!! Soo proud of him!! 

Around 10 PM, I decided to tackle a project that has been on my to-do list since we got the vanity years ago! It was always our plan to paint it and I did just that!! Here is the before and after!! 


I finished the second coat on Sunday morning. Now I just need to get some new knobs. It does look much fresher. I'm a little iffy on the color though. It looks great, but when the sun comes in the bathroom it almost looks more blue and with my Aqua colored walls, it might be too much. I'm not painting either again for now! I still have the medicine cabinet and towel bar to do, but that's an outdoor project for a nice day! 

Noah was having a rough day after waking early again. It was our worst day potty training yet - we are finding when he is overtired he doesn't do well with it. M and I were both running short on patience. M decided to take him out to get propane and go for a drive, allowing me to clear out the bassinet that was covered in clothes, then I decided to go through my closet and drawers and put together a full green garbage bag of clothes to donate. Needless to say the clothes that didn't have a home now did! 

When the boys got back we ran upstairs to the nursery and touched up the paint on the wall M sanded and then it was lunch time. 

Noah put himself down for a nap again and napped for about 2 hours! Because I slept soo crummy the night before I decided to nap for just 30 minutes to take my edge off! 

When Noah woke up from his nap we went back in the nursery and hung the gallery wall - just the frames, that I won't fill until baby is here. I got the crib all made and the furniture all wiped down! I can officially say there isn't much more to do in there, aside from a bit of picking up! This makes me feel much better!! 

The boys bbq'd pork chops for dinner:


After dinner I had a quick shower and then found and set up the bassinet bedding! I also tracked down all the hooded towels and swaddle sacks! 

I was soo happy to cross quite a few things off my list this weekend! Noah was still having a horrible day, so the count down to bedtime was on and it didn't take him long to fall asleep. We also took the black out curtains from the nursery and put them in his room for now until I track some down for his room. 

It worked he slept in til almost 7, which is more typical of him with 7:30 being his norm. Fingers crossed for a better day today!! 


3 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

Our weekends sounded very similar. Small projects around the house, over tired children, and homemade meals. :)

Stacy said...

We have black out curtains and Tanner still comes and wakes me up, usually before 7 cuz he can see a bit of sun and he's all like "MOMMMMM, it's morning time"....no its not, go back to bed kid! Haha!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Good for you getting that cabinet painted! I sanded and did one quick coat on a side table and thought that was good!
Good long naps make all the difference, now we just need to get that memo to the kids!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...