Monday, December 5, 2016

Weekend Rewind

Wow, that was a busy weekend, but it was soo good, as we spent lots of time with family celebrating!!! Oh and look at this a weekend Rewind post up on a Monday... before 4 PM at that!! Man life has a way of getting busy!!   

 Friday Noah went out with Grandma, and while he was gone, I managed to get the bathroom tile grout and floors cleaned! I honestly thought our grout was just dark, as any time I have washed the floors, it never changed... well I tried a new homemade cleaning solution and it will be my goto for everything!! I did my sinks with it on Sunday and they are sparkling!! I love that it is chemical free and fairly cheap to make, as it is just made up of 7 cups of hot water, 1/2 a cup of baking soda, 2/3 a cup of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of vinegar and it doesn't smell horrible!! My bath tub and tile are up next!! Look at these before and afters:

Noah was just kind of off all day and turned out to have a fever of 102 at bedtime. We managed to get it to come down, but he woke up a few times in the night and his fever was on and off. Poor guy. He had no other symptoms otherwise.    When he woke up Saturday morning he had a low fever, but was acting fine, ate his breakfast pretty good, the fever came down with medicine and we were torn on whether or not to take him to gymnastics. We decided to give it a go, and I'm glad we did, because he just loves the class! He hasn't missed one class and next week is last class. He did great with it and still had lots of energy afterwards, so it seemed to be the right decision. We grabbed some lunch and headed to the farm, as we had a family Christmas planned that afternoon there. Our morning didn't quite go as planned, so the cherry cheesecake didn't get made until after, the kids weren't dressed, we were pretty much just on the hot mess express train. 
 We had a great Christmas celebration with Mikes extended side of the family. The kids really enjoyed their presents and playing with thier cousins. The food was great and we were all stuffed by the end of it. 

 After everyone left, we had a secret family mission that we went on and I cannot wait to share it all with you!! We stopped back at the farm on our way home to pick up Gracie and all our stuff! Noah's fever creeped back up right before bed again, luckily he has a new pal Marshall to help him feel better:

Sunday morning was another busy one, I was supposed to meet my sister for 11, however we ended up meeting her at 11:15 instead. M took the kids back home to hang out and nap, while Amy and I hit up Costco to get a few things we needed for my Mom's surprise retirement party!! Imagine this, we actually pulled it off, with the help of my aunt!! 


Mike brought the kids after thier naps and they had fun playing with their cousins:


I can't event tell you how excited I was to have this girl wearing a little dress and well she did have a hair clip in her hair, that M forgot to put back in. I was soo excited to have her wearing a hair clip, because she has JUST enough hair to wear it, so stay tuned for pictures of her with it in!! 

Right before we left to come home Noah took a spill cutting his lip and gum open - insert blood everywhere... the poor guy wasn't upset about it, but mad that he couldn't keep playing!! He is tough and ALL boy I tell ya! Hopefully his lip heals quickly because we have a visit with Santa planned for this coming weekend! 


Today I can hardly believe Em is 8 months!! Wow! I guess I should get her 7 month post up eh?? 
 
 
 

1 comment:

J and A said...

So glad you had a good weekend! Poor Noah and his lip/fever! That's awesome your surprised your Mom! Secret Family mission?!! Fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...