Friday, March 10, 2017

Noah's First Day of Preschool

 
He did it!!! He survived. It was not easy, but I managed to get away without witnessing any tears.
 
Right now we are on an on-call basis, so he will go when they have an opening at this point, which works for us. As soon as a day opens up, we will get Noah in once or twice a week at this point. 
 
We are hoping that this will help with his separation anxiety, all the while giving him some time away from the house and my care, letting him play with friends, outside of our regular play groups we attend, not to mention it gives me one on one time with Em and time to get some stuff done! 
 
The program runs from 8:30-11:30 AM and it just around the corner from us. I love his teacher soo far and the program from what I could see. I think it is a good match for us all together. 
 
I love that the teacher sent me text updates, as well as photos, so it did help my wandering mind and gave me peace knowing he isn't crying the entire time. He did cry off and on for the first part, but still engaged with other kids. The teacher explained the clock to him, and she said that really seemed to help him. When it came time to go play in the gym, he was super happy and having a blast!! 
 
When I picked him up, he came running, soo happy to see me, he did tell me he was crying, but that he did have fun and he does want to go back! I'm glad to hear they worked it out! 
 
While he was at school, I managed to get Em down for her morning nap and organized the pet cupboard, vacuumed, and tidied up a bit before Em woke up and we played together. It was a nice morning. Of course, I missed Noah and constantly wondered if he was upset, or having fun, but it worked out! 
 
He did break my heart a little when he woke up from his nap with a nightmare. He was just screaming "I want to go home, I want Mommy", so we talked about it a bit and I told him how proud I was of him for being such a big boy, but it was soo hard to hear him soo upset, just as I imagined he would have been. I know it will get better with time. I am soo proud of him. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...