Friday, August 4, 2017

Finally Friday

It has been a crazy busy and hot week!!! I can hardly believe it is already Friday and a long weekend!! 
 Monday morning we tried out a new trail and while it was early, it was muggy and humid, so not the best idea, because the mosquitoes were horrible!! We kept applying bug spray like crazy and with it being a new trail, we didn't really know our way around... so we did 4K by the time we found our way out!! Em's poor face got hit hard with quite a few bites! She was wearing a hat and they were flying up under it! I stopped counting them on myself after finding 18 on my arms and back!! 

 Clearly an ice cream date was necessary afterwards! Then we headed home for lunch and naptime, but we couldn't wait to get outside and swim once they woke up!! 

And we pretty much spent the rest of the night outside swimming and playing!



It did take Em soo long to get on this bike with her hooded towel on and yes, this was a before bedtime swim, but hats are a necessity at all times in her mind. 


Tuesday was Grandma Date Day and thank goodness because me and this girl were stuck at home waiting for the water heater to get installed. Long story short - we've been waiting for this since May, they have come 3x and it is just getting installed don August 1st, after arguing on the phone first thing! But they did come, they rented a tool that they didn't even end up needing, which meant it could have been installed in May... so they gave me 9 months free!  
 So this little girl and I made the best of our day at home, and yes, don't her bug bites look horrible??!! I feel soo bad for her! Luckily lavender and teatree oil are helping with the swelling and itch!       

I got a call from M around 3 PM that he wasn't going to be at supper at the farm because he got a fire call for pig barn on fire - on one of the hottest days of summer of course.  
 So when I got to the farm, this is where I found the little man!! Driving the bulldozer with Grandpa, smiling ear to ear!! 


We had a good supper at the farm and took some left overs to Daddy and a few guys that were stationed at the hall to respond if any other calls come in for the township. Luckily none did! Noah was sure that he was responding to the fire call though! 


Luckily Daddy was home just into time for bath and bedtime because I had two cranky and tired babes on my hands! So I sure did feel relief when his truck pulled in the drive way! 

Wednesday morning we had my cousin come over with her son, husband and father-in-law who was visiting. We managed to get some swimming in before it started to storm all afternoon!! I failed at getting pics this time though! Her baby is due in just a few short weeks!! 

The weather was really irritating, one minute it was thundering, the next it was nice, but then still thundering... so our afternoon play date got postponed until after supper for a swim! 


Thursday morning Noah had preschool and we had a much better drop off experience, granted I bribed him with shopping at Costco that night... #momwin So this little Miss and I went into town to run some errands. I was looking for some 8lb weights but they were sold out! We got some groceries, some new markers for my agenda and we stopped Carter's big sale!! We made out pretty well!! 


Can't beat boots for less than $6!! Turns out they fit Noah now, but I had to convince them that they were for his sister and that he couldn't wear them together Costco!!  He did have a great day at preschool though!! The saddest part is not knowing exactly what he did or getting to watch him, but he's not that great at telling me about what he did yet. 


Kudos to this dog though, yes, she is still a puppy, but she has come a long way and aside from still nipping, she is starting to really calm down. We are hoping to start leaving her out of her room now, but fingers crossed she doesn't chase the cats or this plan will be kiboshed quickly! 


We hit up Costco and then Michaels, so I could get this agenda! I've been struggling with managing my calander lately on my phone and what not, so I am going to try going back to paper!! 

Today we are having a quiet day at home! And it's storming again!! 

Hope everyone has a great long weekend!! I'm not sure what we are up to yet!! 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...