Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Sh*t My Toddler Did This Weekend

IYou know with a title like this that clearly something crazy went down right?? Yup. It did!!! I mean it wouldn't be Labor Day Weekend without it right??  

 Friday night M had ball, so I just hung out here at home. 

 But Saturday morning this mama took a morning to herself for a little shopping! I hit up Maurice's which is a store I have just learned about and you know what, I love it!! I bought 3 shirts and a pair of jeans! The jeans are super comfy. Here are a few of the things I bought:  



 I also went to Gap Outlet and bought myself a shirt that says Workout For Wine, I also got M a sweatshirt! I went to Michaels to buy myself a new cutting mat, but apparently cricut stuff isn't part of their coupons, so I ended up buying sparkles to make some new wine glasses! I hit up Ardene and Costco as well before heading home!    

 So overall it was a nice quiet morning out to myself!   

The kids had fun outside with Daddy all morning as well. Em was sporting her police onesie from Uncle Steve and Aunt Carrie:

 
 
 And Mr. Noah woke up happy to see me after his nap!


 Sunday morning we started off baking some cranberry lemon bran muffins and peanut butter cookies before heading to my cousins to meet her new baby Adeline! 

Em was priceless with her. She had no clue it was a real baby and just kept poking her. I was reading her a book and all of a sudden the baby moved. Em ditched me and the book and went running over to the baby, so impressed she moved all on her own:


 Noah had a fall... on a drum set, peircing right beside his eye (he is lucky). He is also all about playing his injuries down or trying to keep them a secret. He's not a fan of making a scene, so he sure did play it cool, but it had to have hurt! We did attempt a picture of the 4 of them together and this is what we got....
   

 But these two boys sure did have fun!


We left at lunch time, grabbed lunch on the way home and managed to keep the awake the whole time!!       

 This is pretty much when the toddler from hell showed up....    

 We got the kids to bed, we did a few chores, like cleaning windows, cleaning our bedroom, put away laundry, finish baking cookies, etc. We both sat down to relax. Well I didn't hear Noah get up (we have a chime on his door) but suddenly heard him running around in the dining room. That should have been my first sign. So we got him a snack, a drink and show on.

 I went tlove switch the laundry over only to find sunscreen graffiti all over my mudroom, but the fun didn't stop there... he got my deodorant and rolled the rug with it and my Arbonne (not cheap) face cream and pumped it on the laundry...

 I became LIVID.... I may have told him to go pack a bag.... the crazy part of me asked him why.... but I will say, he knew he was in trouble, spent an hour in his room, wasn't allowed treats, snacks or going outside for the rest of the day and you bet we had a BIG talk. Luckily my enjo fibers took the sunscreen off, M has to take the rug to the shop to pressure wash and we (fingers crossed) got it all out of the clothes. NOT FUN!!!


 
 However the fun didn't stop there unfortunately. I asked M to watch the kids for 5 minutes and well, he didn't.... so they dumped not 1, but 6 bins of toys. I mean they played with them.... but the rule is 1 bin out at a time!! So we attempted to have them clean it all up, but that got even more frustrating because I had spent (too long) sorting them all out. So it was quick bath and bed. That's what we get for pushing their bedtime and well M learned a good lesson too... supervision is key.  

 After we got the kids down, we had a big mess on our hands, my Dad called and said he was coming back from camping early and wanted to stay over. Next the neighbours call us wondering what the heck we were doing because they were having a bonfire and spying on us through the window and could only see us pacing. They invited us over and well I don't think I could have turned down wine if I wanted to haha. 
   
 
 Well my Dad made it back safe, found us at the campfire, he turned in at midnight and then we decided a late night swim (thankful for the heater) and hot tub were necessary, as well as staying up until 2 AM. 

 Monday morning Noah was ecstatic to find my Dad here, as was Emilya, who wouldn't leave him alone. It was soo cute!         
 
 
 But we had also planned a surprise trip to storybook gardens with my Mom! We left a bit later than we planned, but it worked it out and everyone had soo much fun!! Luckily it was warm enough to enjoy the splash pad too!!         

 





 Mike had to get really creative to keep the kids awake on their way home. Pretty sure their legs were drumsticks at one point... but it worked and we enjoyed some peace and quiet while they napped with no further incidents luckily.  
 
 We took the kids swimming before it stormed and had a quiet night as a family!       
 
 Today I forgot that it was Grandma Date Day! A pleasant surprise on both mine and Noah's end!! So Em and I have had a fun day together! 

2 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Love the clothes you got!
Oh man I hear you, Chloe had a weekend too ;) Broke a Pyrex dish, coloured on the entry table and almost broke the lap top. Good thing they are cute!

Hilary said...

Oh my goodness. Thankfully we have not had an episode like the one with the lotion & glitter yet. My neighbors probably would have called the cops because I was screaming so loud!

How high do the jeans from Maurice's come up? We have one, but I haven't shopped there before. After having a baby, though, I can't stand the ultra low rise that I used to wear and I like the mid-rise ones so much better. I'm going to need some more jeans after I have Easton, so I'm on the lookout!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...