Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Kitchen Reno Reveal

I will start out with the before pictures.
 
I will also say it was a really hard decision to paint my cupboards. I really didn’t mind them, but just wanted something light and less orange. I’ve always dreamed of a white kitchen and we had been considering it for years. M really hated the kitchen cupboard colour, so I didn’t have to sell hard on him.
 
We needed new floors because our laminate was seperating from when the roof was off the house while we were getting new trusses. So I found the new laminate I loved, but it did NOT match our cupboards AT all! Soo if I wanted the new flooring it meant painting the cupboards too.
 
So here are the before:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And here are the afters. Although the pics don’t quite capture it, it has brightened our main floor like crazy. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We have run the flooring all throughout the main floor, including the dining room, and our bedroom. We have the foyer left to do,  we have to take tile out. But it does look much more uniform and seamless in here now. 
 
If I am being honest, right after I painted the cupboards, I can’t say I was instantly in love, I missed the wood. I kept saying maybe once the floors were done, maybe once it is all finished. We got a lot of great compliments on it, people think the space looks bigger. 
 
But I can say I am happy with the turnout, the look has really come together with what I have envisioned and I can’t say I regret it. I think it was just a BIG change to get used to. 
 
I think the island is my favorite though. We considered doing shiplap,  it I feared it would be too much white and all I would see is kids fingerprints on everything. The barnboard is more our style anyways and I love how it turned out. 
 
 

2 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

It looks so good! Was it hard to paint the cabinets? My mom wants to do hers.

Hilary said...

I'm in the same boat as you! We have hardwood floors that are the same color as our cabinets, and everything is SO ORANGE! I would love to paint our cabinets an off-white color. Then again, I get nervous because I feel like the wood hides food splatters & things that would show so badly on off-white. Was it hard to do? Did you have to prime/prep/sand them at all? It looks really good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...